To find the fee, you can review our schedule of charges or contact us by calling 01275 884550.
You should also call us if your scheme is for:
- 11 or more dwellings
- has an estimated cost of £110,000 or more
- has a floor area of 300 square meters or more
- a mix of building work, where more than one charge applies (a ‘combined fee’).
You can pay combined fees using our application forms. When prompted, state that you know the amount to be paid and then manually add the amount to the form.
How to pay
If you don’t use our online forms, the fee can be paid using any of the following options:
- by using our pay form and selecting ‘Building control fee’
- by calling us on 01275 884550
- by cheque, made payable to North Somerset Council
Data and privacy
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office for the purposes of processing personal data, which we do in accordance with EU and UK data protection law.
For details of how we do this in the Building Control service please see our privacy statement.
If you have any concerns about how your personal data is handled, email the Data Protection Officer at DPO@n-somerset.gov.uk.